Phone: (502) 718-5090 | Email: email@example.com
Writing for Publication
- Contracted as a regular contributor to Boundless (online magazine for Christian singles) from 2007-2011.
- Penned a monthly opinion column on area churches for LEO Weekly (Louisville alt-weekly) from 2008-2009. Currently write for them on an individual-assignment basis, and have contributed several cover features.
- Write monthly for David C. Cook’s Real Life Downloaded youth Sunday School curriculum (2009-present).
- Regularly contribute to a variety of other magazines. National credits include Ministry Today, Living with Teenagers, and RoundTripMissions.com. Have written in a wide range of forms including journalism, creative nonfiction, short fiction, satire, devotional writing, and “how-to” articles.
- Theatrical plays have been published, produced, and received awards. One-acts are currently available from Playscripts, Inc. and Meriwether Publishing. Ten-minute plays have been published by Lillenas Drama and Drama Ministry. Have been honored multiple times in the Christians In Theatre Arts (CITA) National Playwriting Contest. Co-write an episode of long-running children’s radio series Adventures in Odyssey.
Marketing, Copywriting, and Design
- Conceived, designed, and wrote local marketing campaigns which included a wide range of collateral (direct mail, websites, brochures, handbills, posters, email, etc.). Louisville-area clients have included the Highland Vineyard Church, Drama by George, and Love Louisville, Inc.
- Have handled press contacts for a variety of events and organizations, and have given interviews for print, internet, radio, and television media outlets.
- Other copywriting projects include documentation for recruiting and training volunteers, along with crafting test items for ACT, Inc.’s WorkKeys assessments.
- Conversant with design applications including Adobe Photoshop. Maintain websites using WordPress.
Speaking and Teaching
- Regularly lead creative writing workshops for a variety of constituencies, from amateur playwrights to homeless shelter residents. Also perform interactive storytelling programs with Drama by George.
- Preached Bible-based messages periodically at the Highland Vineyard Church from 2008-2010.
- Spoke and led activities for more than 10,000 elementary, middle, and high school students as a speaker for the Campus Impact character education program (2002-2005). Performed educational science presentations for kids with Mad Science of Kentucky from 2007-2009.
- Married to Julie (4 years), a worship musician and really hot chick.
- Interests include theatre, walking, socializing, reading … and definitely sleeping. (I like to think of it as “passive brainstorming.”)
- Recent reads include the book of Jeremiah (Scripture), The Father Brown mysteries (Chesterton), Crisis of Doubt (Larsen), and Miracles (Lewis).
- Favorite food is Chicago-style pizza, preferably from Gino’s East. Outside Chicago, a hot panini from Panera Bread is an acceptable alternative.
- Birthday is October 4. Gift cards and dead presidents are always the right size.
- 1999 graduate of Moody Bible Institute (B.A., Communications).
To view a list of George’s recent publication credits, follow this link.